Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Change the Channel!

There are some movies for me, that I hate to watch. I dislike the anxiety I get from anticipating "that scene." The intense scene, the death scene, the seen you wish could have an alternate version. Some films, I hate to watch because I know what happens next, but wish I could change, but know I cant.

In those particular movies, the scene is as raw and new has the first time I experienced it....

Independence Day: When the crazy dad, who was always ridiculed for believing in aliens, sacrifices himself to save the world, his family and flies his plane into the spaceship.

RENT: When 'with out you' plays you know that Angel's death is next. Angel is my favorite character: young, loving, Latino...but his death is untimely, reminding us 'life is short, do not put off your dreams...'


What movie(s) makes you feel the way I do?

No comments: