Sunday, July 26, 2009

If you dont love me, let me go...

So today has been a long day of research, reading, and reflection. I started off with doing my Professional Competencies research....that went well. Then I moved on to my research on racial microaggression and it led me to do a quick analysis of twitter and the overtly racist/prejudice tweets easily accessible on the site. Now, I am just reflecting on myself, my practice, and my life. I have always been an advocate of stereo therapy or just listen to music to make you feel better. Listening to a specific track can make me happy, make me remember good times or take me back twelve years. Music, its melody and lyrics, has the power to take you back in time, relive great or negative experiences, but overall music has the power to make you feel good. So either play a song with your earphones or blast the volume on your speakers and sing off the top of your lungs. Do it, it will make you feel great!


This blog will be a continuous blog, that includes a collection of verses that make me remember, relive, or reflect. I encourage you to comment and share what lyrics move you.


First Five:
The Decemberists: The Engine Driver
And if you don't love me let me go
I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Brand New: Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't
i am heaven sent,
don't you dare forget.
i am all you've ever wanted,
what all the other boys all promised.
sorry i told. i just needed you to know.

Kanye West: Tell Everyone you Know
Babygirl I'm finished
I thought we were committed
I thought we were cemented
I really thought we meant it
Cause we were once a fairy tale
But this is farewell

Notorious B.I.G.: Juicy
We used to fuss when the landlord dissed us
No heat, wonder why Christmas missed us
Birthdays was the worst days
Now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay
Uh, damn right I like the life I live
'Cause I went from negative to positive
And it's all good...

Wicked: Defying Gravity
Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down...

No comments: